Introduction to Skelaxin
Skelaxin belongs to the category of drugs known as muscle relaxants. These drugs do not actually belong to a single drug class, but are a selection of different types of drugs put into a single category for their similar effect on the organism. Skelaxin (generic name metaxolone) in particular as a type of short-term relief muscle relaxant which helps to reduce the severity of muscle spasms, tension, stiffness, rigidity and pain caused by injury, sprain, or straining. Skelaxin may become a helpful solution against back pain, neck muscle stiffness, shoulder pain and recovery after muscle damage. By itself, Skelaxin does not provide any beneficial effects other that temporary relief of symptoms, which is why it should be used in conjunction with other methods of treatment (e.g. physical therapy) and proper rest to accommodate faster and more comfortable recovery. This drug is not designed to be used for extended periods of time - the term of treatment with Skelaxin should not exceed 20 days, making it unsuitable to treat chronic conditions.
If you were advised to buy Skelaxin online to treat the symptoms of such a condition, keep in mind that without professional medical advice any type of medicinal treatment may prove to be harmful instead of being beneficial. The main purpose of this drug is to help the patient to lead a comfortable life while recovering from injury or another temporary condition.
Details of Treatment with Skelaxin
The exact pharmacological mechanism of action of Skelaxin is currently still unknown, but according to the medical studies this drug operates mainly within certain areas of the brain stem as part of its influence on the central nervous system. Skelaxin does not affect the muscles directly; instead, it provides a more systemic rather than localized result. What is known is that the active ingredient metaxolone has no direct effect on the ability of muscles to contract, nor does it seem to influence the nerve signal relay function in any way. The exact details are still being researched; however, extensive clinical trials have been performed to prove the effectiveness and safety of this drug. As part of the standard routine, these medical studies also showed the requirements needed to be met by the patient in order to commence the treatment with Skelaxin.
You should not try to obtain this drug without a prescription or buy Metaxalone online if any of the following does not apply to you:
- You are able to refrain from performing activities that require intense concentration and focus, at least at the beginning of treatment. Skelaxin may make you drowsy and affect your sense of alertness, potentially causing harm if you perform a task that demands any of these when the symptoms onset;
- You do not have alcohol drinking problems. If the effect of alcohol is added to the drug's ability to induce drowsiness and inhibit awareness, the results can prove to be devastating;
- You are not pregnant, do not plan to become pregnant in the near future, and are not breastfeeding. This drug was not tested enough to disprove the possibility of adverse effects on the fetus or the breastfed baby.
- You are not allergic to metaxolone, the active ingredient within the drug.
Additionally, you may require a special approach to the treatment (e.g. adjustment of dosage or regimen) in case any of the following applies to you:
- You are currently taking any medications for seizures, pain killers, sedatives, cold or flu drugs, sleep-inducing drugs and solutions (either herbal or pharmaceutical), tranquilizers, as well as any vitamins and food supplements. Some of these drugs may interact with Skelaxin and make the treatment less effective or outright dangerous.
- You have or had problems with your liver or kidneys, including liver failure or kidney stones, or have any type of blood disorder. If you are unsure if you have any of the mentioned problems, it would be wise to perform all the necessary tests before you choose to buy Skelaxin online and start the treatment;
- You have a medical condition that induces seizures or any other type or neuromuscular (one that involves nerve signal transmission between the muscles and the brain and/or central nervous system) activity;
Skelaxin Usage Instructions and Dosage
The recommended starting dosage of Skelaxin is one 800mg tablet, taken three to four times per day, as needed. This is applicable to both adults and children. There is only one dosage regimen available for this drug; only in rare cases your doctor will prescribe a different dose for the treatment. If he does however, you should precisely follow the given directions to ensure both the safety and effectiveness of treatment.
- Skelaxin comes in the form of tablets that should be taken with water, with or without food;
- Be careful when performing any type of activity that requires attention and physical coordination while undertaking the treatment with Skelaxin. This drug often causes drowsiness, and it is important to find out exactly how it will influence your personal physical ability and alertness;
- You should not take more of Skelaxin if it gradually stops relieving your symptoms. Consult with your doctor for the best course of action in this case; you may need specific dose adjustment;
- Skelaxin tablets are susceptible to moisture and thus should be kept in a tightly sealed container in a dry place, preferably away from heat sources.
Known Side Effects of Skelaxin
Every medication bears a risk of producing adverse side effects, albeit this risk is quite small in case of Skelaxin. A serious reaction to this drug could only involve an allergic response or kidney failure, both of which are very rare and can be easily prevented if the patient undergoes all the necessary tests and is honest about his or her personal medical history. Note that allergies to Skelaxin are not limited to the reaction to metaxolonem, the active ingredient. It is also possible to become allergic to other, inactive ingredients within the drug. To get the full list of ingredients of Skelaxin, you may inquire of the pharmacist present at the store (whether if you purchase this drug locally or buy metaxalone online).
Most commonly experienced adverse reactions to Skelaxin include the following:
- Drowsiness, dizziness, loss of balance or coordination;
- Loss of appetite, apathy, tiredness, loss of energy;
- Depression, headache, nervousness or irritability;
- Nausea, vomiting, stomach pains, constipation;
2. Order Skelaxin at Trust Pharmacy